WATERSHIP DOWN (WSD)administrator
- Competitors will fly to the launch point of a hare balloon, follow the hare, and attempt to achieve a mark or valid
track point close to a target displayed by the hare no more than two meters upwind of the basket after landing.
- Task Data:
a) Description of hare balloon
b) Location of the launch point of the hare balloon
c) Set take-off time of the hare balloon
d) Intended flight duration of the hare balloon
e) Minimum and maximum distances of ILP from hare launch point, if applicable
- The result is the distance from the mark or closest valid track point to the target. Smallest result is best.
- If the hare balloon does not take off within five minutes after the set time then this task is considered cancelled.
- Variation from the intended flight duration of the hare shall not be grounds for complaint.
- The hare may deflate after landing and may be removed from the field.
- The hare may display a banner hanging below his basket. No competitor shall display any banner hanging below
the basket during this task.