The hot-air-balloon, playing the role of the hare (rabbit), takeoffs at first, and the competition balloons takeoff 15 to 30 min. later. They chase the hare balloon, which is flying away for about one hour and sets the target it lands. They need to guess and find its target and drop the marker toward it.
- Competitors will follow a hare balloon and attempt to achieve a mark or valid track point close to a target displayed
by the hare no more than two meters upwind of the basket after landing.
- Task Data:
a) Description of hare balloon
b) Intended flight duration of hare balloon
- The result is the distance from the mark or closest valid track point to the target. Smallest result is best.
- Variation from intended flight duration of the hare shall not be grounds for complaint.
- The hare may deflate after landing and may be removed from the field.
- The hare balloon may display a banner hanging below his basket. No competitor shall display any banner hanging
below the basket during this task.