Section 1 – DISCRIMINATION
No person shall be denied membership in the Corporation because of their race, color, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Section 2 – CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP
- General Member
Section 3 – ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Each membership application for new membership or reinstated membership shall require a majority vote of the Board of Directors for approval. No Board approval is required for membership renewal.
- Competitor: To maintain eligibility a Competitor Member must be a current Private or Commercial balloon pilot, and be current on all applicable annual dues and fees to Top Gun, Inc.
- General Member: To maintain eligibility a General Member must be current on all applicable annual dues and fees to Top Gun, Inc.
Section 4 – VOTING RIGHTS
Each member in good standing shall be entitled to vote in any election. Any member in default of payment of dues or assessments shall not be in good standing.
Section 5 – TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP AND PRIVILEGES
Membership and the privileges of members may be terminated by a vote by the Board of Directors following a motion by a board member or a petition from the membership.Motions and Petitions
- Termination of an individual’s membership or privileges may be initiated by either a motion by a Board member or a petition to the Board of Directors by ten percent (10%) of the membership stating the reason(s) for the termination.
- Membership in Top Gun, Inc. may be terminated when the member is in default in the payment of dues or assessments levied by the Corporation.
- Membership on the Board of Directors may be terminated when the member has been personally absent from three (3) regularly scheduled meetings within one year. Should the motion or petition not result in termination of Board membership, another such motion or petition may only be made following an additional absence in the same year.
- Any membership or privilege may be terminated when it is in the best interest of the club, involves any misconduct which disrupts the club, jeopardizes any interest or character of the club, or for any conduct in violation of these By-Laws or of the rules and regulations of the Corporation, which may be made from time to time.
- The member in question must be notified of the pending action and the reason(s) for the action at least fifteen (15) and not more than thirty (30) days prior to the meeting of the Board of Directors at which the voting on the proposal will be conducted.
- A two-thirds (2/3) majority of Directors voting shall be required for termination of membership or member privileges. Voting shall be by secret ballot.
- Anyone whose club membership has been terminated and desires to regain membership must pay initiation fees and dues, and submit an application which will be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Any member who has had privileges terminated and desires to regain those privileges must make a request to the Board of Directors, except in the case of Board membership which requires nomination and election in a future election.
Section 6 – RESIGNATION
A member may resign by filing a written resignation with the Secretary. No refund or dues or assessments will be made upon resignation.
Section 7 – TRANSFER OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership in this Corporation is not transferable or assignable.